Location: Pemba (Istituto Oikos headquarters in Mozambique) with frequent trips to Ibo (main area of intervention) and Maputo, Cabo Delgado Province, Northern Mozambique
Salary and level of classification: to be defined according to qualifications and working experience
Duration: 12 months (renewable), with a 3-months trial period
Collaboration beginning: early May
The Country Administrator, based in Pemba, will be responsible for the administrative management of the office in Pemba (Mozambique) and will have to ensure uniformity of administrative procedures in accordance with the requirements of the donor and the organization, supporting the headquarters in Milan during reporting phase of projects. She/He will be responsible of planning and managing all the administrative tasks of the administrative office in Pemba: accounting, purchasing procedures, management of all project funds, bank accounts, logistic and general office management. He/ She will support the Ibo Coordinator in the administrative management of Ibo field base: accounting, purchasing procedures, management of all project funds. She/He will also hold the task of supervising the local staff, together with the HR officer, and of being the Security Manager Officer in Mozambique.
Coordination of the "Administration and Logistics" department of Istituto Oikos in Mozambique and in particular:
1) Economic and financial management of projects
• Supports Project Managers and Ibo Coordinator in ensuring that the financial resources made available by the projects are spent in accordance with the project budget and following the donors’ procedures;
• Manages the internal accounting system (DESY) ensuring the correct allocation of costs, based on the project budget.
• Analyse and plan project costs in order to ensure the local office financial sustainability.
• Keeps a correct and comprehensive record of administrative documentation, recorded in accordance with the regulations and administrative procedures of the leading donors (AICS and EU) and according to the internal procedures of Oikos;
• Ensures a correct management of funds and bank accounts, sending to the headquarters in Milan the monthly closing and periodic reconciliations;
• Collaborates with Project Managers and Ibo Coordinator for requesting transfer of funds from Istituto Oikos to Oikos Mozambique, based on expenditure estimates for each single project;
• Ensures periodic shipping of project documentation to Milan headquarters and supports the administrative staff in scanning and storing administrative documentation
• Collaborates with project managers and Ibo Coordinator in managing their prima nota;
• Takes care of the preparation of contracts with local suppliers;
• Supports the project Manager, Ibo Coordinator and the Programme Manager in Italyin the preparation of specific Collaboration Agreements (MoU’s) with local partners;
• Supervises the accounting staff of Pemba and of the other dislocated offices in the management of accounting.
2) Staff management
• In collaboration with HR officer, takes care of contracts of local staff;
• Responsibility for the administrative management of the local staff contracts in coordination with Project Managers and HR officer during the following phases: negotiation, definition of salary level, efficiency and productivity evaluation, termination of contracts, additional benefits.
• Responsibility for the updating and implementing the security Guidelines of Oikos Mozambique.
• Manages and supervises, in collaboration with the Logistic Officer, the procurement of services, materials and works, in compliance with the regulations of the major donors (correct procedure, forms, collection of authorizations necessary for purchase);
• Preparation, updating and management of the inventories according to the internal Oikos procedures;
• Collaborates with the Logistic Officer for the supervision of the warehouse and of the stock of materials and equipment in Pemba and in the Local offices (Ibo).
- Degree in economics, administration management or related fields;
- Master in Management of social enterprises, non-profit organizations and cooperatives will be considered as an added value;
- At least five years’ work experience in a similar sector in developing countries. Past experiences in Africa and specifically in Mozambique will be a preferential title;
- In-depth knowledge of the reporting procedures of the major institutional donors (need of familiarity with EU and MAE);
- Experience in management of development projects funded by EU and AICS;
- Knowledge of procurement procedures required by the EU and AICS guidelines;
- Experience / knowledge of NGOs’ procedures;
- Good computer skills (Office, Internet, Skype) and autonomy in the management of accounting software;
- Good ability to produce reports;
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork;
- Good fluency in English
The following will be preferred:
• Good knowledge of Portuguese will be considered an added value.
To apply, please send your CV, letter of motivation (maximum 1 page) with authorisation to process personal data pursuant to articles 13 and 14 of G.D.P.R. (General Data Protection Regulation EU Regulation 2016/679 Legislative Decree 196/2003) to:
Deadline: 19 march 2020
Indicate in the object: AM/MZ/20
NOTE: Only the selected candidates for a first interview will be contacted and subsequently they will be updated on the status of the selection.
The selection respects the principle of equal opportunities (Law 903/77).
Do you like Oikos activities?
Subscribe to our newsletter below.