offerta di lavoro
The Country Administrator (CA) will be responsible for the administrative management of Oikos Mozambique and will have to ensure uniformity of administrative procedures in accordance with the requirements of the donor and the organization, supporting the headquarters in Milan during the reporting phase of projects. He will be responsible of planning and managing all the administrative tasks of the office in Pemba: accounting, purchasing procedures, management of funds and bank accounts. He will also hold the task of supervising the local staff, together with the Country Coordinator.
• Supporting Project Managers in the management of projects budget, ensuring that the financial resources available for the projects are spent following the donor’s´ procedures and according to the project’s budgets.
• Management of the internal accounting system ensuring the correct allocation of costs, based on the project budget
• Collaboration with the Country Coordinator for planning and management of monthly running costs (stationary, office rent, utilities, maintenance, fuel) in order to ensure the local office’s financial sustainability
• Keeping a correct and comprehensive record of administrative documentation (including scanning and storing of administrative documentation), recorded in accordance with the regulations and administrative procedures of the leading donors and according to the internal procedures of Oikos.
• Ensuring a correct management of funds and bank accounts, sending to the headquarters in Milan the monthly closing and periodic reconciliations and collaborating with the PMs for requesting transfer of funds from Oikos HQs to Oikos Mozambique.
• Ensuring periodic shipping of project documentation to Oikos HQ
• Supporting the PMs and the Programme Manager Mozambique in Italy in the preparation of specific Collaboration Agreements (MoU’s) with local partners.
• Support new project budget writing
• Ensuring a correct management and supervision of the local staff hired for the Administrative and Logistic Departments (watchmen, office assistants, logistician assistant, accountants, Human Resources manager and drivers) of Pemba and other dislocated offices in the following phases: negotiation, efficiency and productivity evaluation, termination of contracts;
• updating and applying the Oikos Mozambique Salary Scale; as well as provide all the legal and administrative information during the phases of: negotiation, definition of salary level, efficiency and productivity evaluation, termination of contracts, additional benefits.
• Ensuring that all the staff with Mozambican contracts have their contracts and tax payments according the local law.
• Collaborate with the Country Coordinator and the Coordinators of the dislocated offices (i.e. Ibo), to update and enforce the internal procedures of Istituto Oikos Mozambique, and then guarantee their implementation;
• Support and control the activities of logistic office in compliance with the regulations of Oikos and the major donors including ensuring the correct management of the warehouse and of the stock of materials and equipment and preparing, updating and management of the inventories
• Preparation of contracts/ tenders for local suppliers.
Management of local enterprises
• Supporting the manager of Casa das Garcas (OIKOS managed Eco Centro in IBO) in all the logistics aspects related to CDG purchases
• Ensuring a proper management of the internal accounting system of local enterprises partners of Oikos projects (still in phase of start-up) ensuring the allocation of costs
• Collaborating with the Programme Manager Mozambique and the CC in the elaboration of documents and agreements related to the local enterprises
Skills and abilities required:
- Degree in economics, political science, finance, accounting, administration or related field ;
At least five years’ work experience in a similar sector in developing countries. Past experiences in Africa and specifically in Mozambique will be a preferential title;
Knowledge of the reporting procedures of the major institutional donors (need of familiarity with EU and Italian Agency for International Cooperation);
Knowledge of procurement procedures required by the EU and Italian Agency for International Cooperation guidelines;
Experience / knowledge of NGOs’ procedures;
Attention to details, ability to follow procedures and meet deadlines;Good computer skills (Excel, Internet, Skype) and autonomy in the management of accounting software;
Good interpersonal skills and teamwork;
Good fluency in English
- Master in Management of social enterprises, non-profit organizations and cooperatives will be considered as an added value;
- Good knowledge of Portuguese
Duration: 12 months (renewable), with at least 2 weeks of training at Oikos HQs and 2 months of trial period.
Location: Pemba (Istituto Oikos headquarters in Mozambique) with frequent trips to Ibo (main area of intervention), Cabo Delgado Province, Northen Mozambique
Salary: to be defined according to qualifications and working experience.
Interested candidates can send a letter of motivation (1 page max) and CV with authorization to process personal data according to Legislative Decree 196/2003, to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the subject the reference: CA / MZ / 19 Country Administrator
Deadline: 7th April 2019
Selection respects the principle of equal opportunities (Law 903/77).