offerta di lavoro
The Administrative advisor will be responsible for supporting the Administrative staff of Oikos Mozambique in accordance with the administrative procedures and the requirements of the donor and the organization, supporting the headquarters in Milan during the reporting phase of projects. He/she will support the planning and the management of the administrative tasks of the office in Pemba: accounting, management of projects’ funds and bank accounts.
• Supporting Project Managers in the management of projects budget, ensuring that the financial resources available for the projects are spent following the donor’s´ procedures and according to the project’s budgets.
• Supporting local staff in the management of the internal accounting system ensuring the correct allocation of costs, based on the project budget
• Collaboration with the Country Coordinator for planning and management of monthly running costs (stationary, office rent, utilities, maintenance, fuel) in order to ensure the local office’s financial sustainability
• Supporting the maintenance of a correct and comprehensive record of administrative documentation (including scanning and storing of administrative documentation), recorded in accordance with the regulations and administrative procedures of the leading donors and according to the internal procedures of Oikos.
• Supporting in the correct management of funds and bank accounts, sending to the headquarters in Milan the monthly closing and periodic reconciliations and collaborating with the PMs for requesting transfer of funds from Oikos HQs to Oikos Mozambique.
• Ensuring periodic shipping of project documentation to Oikos HQ
• Supporting the PMs and the Programme Manager Mozambique in Italy in the preparation of specific Collaboration Agreements (MoU’s) with local partners.
Management of local enterprises
• Supporting the manager of Casa das Garcas (OIKOS managed Eco Centro in IBO) in all the logistics aspects related to CDG purchases
• Ensuring a proper management of the internal accounting system of local enterprises partners of Oikos projects (still in phase of start-up) ensuring the allocation of costs
• Support new project budget writing
• Collaborating with the Programme Manager Mozambique and the CC in the elaboration of documents and agreements related to the local enterprises
Skills and abilities required:
- Degree in economics, political science, finance, accounting, administration or related field ;
- At least 1 year’s work experience in a similar sector in developing countries. Past experiences in Africa and specifically in Mozambique will be a preferential title;
- Knowledge of the reporting procedures of the major institutional donors (need of familiarity with EU and Italian Agency for International Cooperation);
- Experience / knowledge of NGOs’ procedures;
- Good computer skills (Office, Internet, Skype) and autonomy in the management of accounting software;
- Good ability to produce reports;
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork;
- Attention to details, ability to follow procedures and meet deadlines;
- Good fluency in English,
- Master in Management of social enterprises, non-profit organizations and cooperatives will be considered as an added value;
- Good knowledge of Portuguese
Duration: 12 months (renewable), with at least 2 weeks of training at Oikos HQs and 2 months of trial period.
Location: Pemba (Istituto Oikos headquarters in Mozambique) with frequent trips to Ibo (main area of intervention), Cabo Delgado Province, Northern Mozambique
Salary: to be defined according to qualifications and working experience.
Interested candidates can send a letter of motivation (1 page max) and CV with authorization to process personal data according to Legislative Decree 196/2003, to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the subject the reference: AA / MZ / 19 - Administrative Advisor
Deadline: 7th April 2019
Selection respects the principle of equal opportunities (Law 903/77).